...than never, right?
Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Charmer surprised me with a new alarm clock. Apparently my bright old one has been keeping her up at night.
So, in keeping with last year's tradition, I bring you the top 10 reasons I love my mom:
10. At 60 (sorry to reveal your age, mom!) she taught herself how to use a DVR. This was a big deal
9. She keeps in touch with her old friends. She is a good friend to her new friends
8. She likes cosmos (but always asks for extra cranberry juice)
7. When Charmer was sick, I was swamped at work, and Ken was away, she drove down just to pick Charmer up from surgery
6. She reads my blog
5. She is a great aunt (literally and figuratively)
4. She watches The Bachelor and is rooting for Tessa
3. She loves my husband like he's her own son
2. In college, I would send her my papers for her to read (she was an editor and former English teacher). When I got my first "big girl job," I would send her some of my work to read. Poor woman, I was writing an alumni magazine for an engineering college, I'm pretty sure I bored her to tears
1. She is involved in any major life change, because we respect her beliefs and opinions. I believe the sign of a successful parent is one whose children respect them.
I love you mom! (and yes, I dressed up as a GEEK just for you!)