...I love that Charlie wakes up to this every morning:
...I love our driveway:
...I love her eyelashes. I love that she is getting up on all fours and starting to move. I love that today she went from those all fours to sitting up and I was so freaking proud of her like she'd won the Olympics, figured out the solution to peace in the Middle East, and performed brain surgery all at the same time. I realize none of this has anything to do with scenery:
I love that even on the rainiest of days, my drive home from Target was still so pretty and green:
I love our library. I love that you park your car right in front (for free!) and just walk right in that big front door:
...I want to share pictures of the house, I really really do, but there's still so much to do and I don't want to show her off until she's ready. Kind of like modeling the pink sequined prom dress for your date before you get your hair and makeup done (oh, come on, you know the pink sequined prom dress had to come back EVENTUALLY!)
...So I'm going to start sharing some snippets of our new life here and call it, "Things I love."
Today's, in random order:
1. We were passing the farm near our house the other day and the farmer was out tilling his field (tilling! new word!) I slowed the car down and actually stopped so Charlie could see this massive machine at work. The farmer stopped his tractor, got out, and waved at Charlie. People here are nice. And not in a, "I'm going to be nice to your face and then turn around and say how ugly your pink sequined prom dress is" way but in a genuine, "I'm going to wave to you when I pass you on the street, and I mean it" way.
2. I had Charlie's IEP meeting at what will be his elementary school yesterday and feel SO good about the people he will be working with on his speech.
3. I did a search on etsy soon after we moved to see if there were any local artists (long shot). And came across the work of Lindsay Bolin. I quickly snatched up two prints:
4. I threw a baby shower last weekend. I needed it to be as low stress as possible. I got the idea from Pinterest to keep baby food jars and fill them with flowers for a favor. I love when other people think creatively for me.
5. Charlie started t-ball last weekend. It's going to be interesting as he was far more interested in swirling the dirt and playing on the playground. Here he is, "warming up,":
7. Just because she's cute. And wants to move so, so, so bad. And has one perfect little spiral curl right on the tip-top of her head:
...I found a spare square foot in my new scrapbook room so I could participate in today’s Studio Calico blog blitz featuring some of my favorite new products. My box of SC goodies was among the last unpacked and it was worth the wait.
...We did win the mega millions. You didn't know I have a side job at McDonald's? Momma's gotta pay for all those happy meals some way. (I love the number of calls/texts/Facebook messages/carrier pigeons I got from my non-Maryland friends assuming we'd won because we live in Maryland. Along with 5.8 million other people. I have driven by the 7-Eleven where that ticket was sold and just that fact makes me a little bit bitter).
We're here. Without much of an internet connection, no phones, and no TV. And yes, Ken's in his socks with a few days of facial hair growth. I'm in slippers. Clara's like, "WTF?" And Charlie's like, "Trains, trains, trains, TRAINS, trains." And yes, that's our entry table on the front porch. And there are still a million gagillion tratrillion things to do.