My favorite details about Charlies Fifth Birthday Extravaganza (as it shall now-and-forever-more-be-known).
1. The invite. From here. Loved working with Laura on this (again, not talking about myself in the third person. Although I do love working with myself).
2. Favor bags with a lego man stamp. They held a little minifigure kit and sugar cookies from here.
(This is one of the few I have left...His left eye appears to have popped, which is kind of what I still feel like).
3. Decor. I know Charlie appreciated all of this. Right?
I totally blew out every picture of the centerpieces. They were Legos we had built with the balloons tied to them.
4. Activities - make-a-mask station, master builder station
...and the crowd favorite, the photo prop, from here. I used my polaroid camera that not only prints the pics but saves them for us to print out more.
Adults and children alike enjoyed it. This is my brother and I.
5. The bounce house. There was not one kid that did not go home tired and whiny (mine included). SUCCESS!
6. The 80 friends and family that came to celebrate with us. Our nearest and dearest friends were there (my college roommate, my summer sister, and my first friend I made as a married lady), our newest and dearest were too. Aunts and uncles, my first cousins my kids call aunt and uncle. It was chaotic and crazy but at the end of the night I couldn't have been happier to have all those people celebrate "peanut's" fifth birthday.